Most frequent questions and answers
– Mobility vans are more than standard vehicles. They include specialized conversion features like lowered floors, ramps, wheelchair lifts, and adapted driving controls to make the vehicle accessible and drivable for those with mobility challenges. The floor is cut out from the rear axle to the firewall behind the dash and then fabricated at a lower level to allow for more headroom. The exhaust, air conditioning and wiring is extended throughout the van.
– The time it takes to convert a van can vary based on the specific modifications required. On average, it takes about 4-6 weeks, but we always strive to deliver as quickly as possible without compromising quality.
– Most minivans and full-size vans can be converted. We specialize in conversions for popular models such as Chrysler Pacifica & Voyager, Toyota Sienna, Honda Odyssey.
A Braun lift can be added to full size vehicles such as Ford Transit, Ram Promaster, and Mercedes Sprinter.
– Absolutely! There are several financing options available, and we can help guide you through the process. Some customers may also be eligible for grants or assistance programs.
Braun has a 3-year 36,000 mile warranty on the vehicle conversion. The original factory warranty is not affected by this and is in place in the same way as for a regular vehicle. There are two separate warranties.
Note to Web design: This is the Braun link for warranty https://www.braunability.com/us/en/owner-support/new-and-used-van-warranty.html
– The Legacy Van service center is your dedicated service center. Should you need service in another location, any Braun Authorized Service Technician can provide that service.
– The interior space can vary based on the model and conversion type. The Chrysler Pacifica typically offers the most interior space in the minivan line.
Our team can help you choose the best option based on your specific needs. Should you need a full-size van with more space, those options are the Ford Transit, Ram Promaster, and Mercedes Sprinter. There are multiple size options in each of these vehicles.
– We offer several types of mini van conversions, including rear-entry, side-entry, and companion van. We also offer Truck and SUV’s. Each conversion type has its unique benefits and can be tailored to your specific needs, whether driver or passenger.
– Yes, possibly, we do offer conversions for existing vehicles if they are the right make and model and are within the age and mileage specifications and the vehicle has never been wrecked. Please contact us to discuss the compatibility of your current vehicle with our conversion options as these requirements change from time to time.
– Handicap accessible vans can typically go through touchless car washes. However, we recommend avoiding car washes with guide rails, as they could potentially damage the lower floor of the van.
– Absolutely! If you experience any issues with your Legacy Van, please bring it back to our service center. We’re committed to resolving any issues you may have.
– This can vary depending on the specific part needed. However, we strive to source and receive parts as quickly as possible to minimize any downtime for our customers.
– If you’re experiencing any issues with your van’s doors, it could be due to several reasons such as a mechanical problem, electrical issue, or a programming glitch. Please bring your vehicle in for service, and our technicians will diagnose and fix the problem for you.
– Yes, all our vans come equipped with manual industry-standard wheelchair tie-downs to ensure safety and stability while the vehicle is in motion. Retractable tie downs may be purchased if desired. Trucks require an E-Zlock for wheelchair securement.
– Depending on the conversion, seats can be removed or reconfigured based on your specific needs. This can only be done with side entry van conversions. Our team can help customize your van to your preferences and requirements.
– Our vans can be customized to accommodate drivers with various mobility challenges. We offer adaptations such as hand controls, steering aids, and transfer seats to make driving accessible and comfortable based on the individual needs.
– Setting up the van for you to drive involves understanding your specific needs and then customizing the vehicle with necessary adaptations. This process may involve installing hand controls, adjusting the seating, or incorporating other adaptive technologies. Our team of specialists will work closely with you to ensure the van is customized to your satisfaction and safety.
For any further questions or inquiries, please don’t hesitate to contact our friendly and knowledgeable team at Legacy Vans. We’re here to help you regain independence and mobility!